Undoubtedly the Jewel of South Orange County, Monarch Beach lies on prime coastal property north of the City of Dana Point proper, south of Laguna Beach, and west of Laguna Niguel. I am told that at one time Laguna Niguel had a chance to incorporate this area into its city limits but failed. Today, Monarch Beach is formerly part of the city of Dana Point.
Monarch Beach is composed primarily of 11 communities. They are as follows:
- Ritz Pointe
- This is a newly-completed, gated community with large single family homes featuring views of the links golf course, the St. Regis Hotel, and Salt Creek State Beach. There is a terrific pedestrian/bicycle path the runs between these homes and the St. Regis along the golf course. It goes under the highway and blends into Salt Creek state Beach. This is a great community for those looking to purchase in the $3 to $4 million range.
- Ritz Cove
- Ritz Cove boarders the northern side of the world-famous Ritz Carlton Monarch Beach. These custom estates have a Mediterranean flair and are some of the finest properties around. Salt Creek State Beach is one of my favorite beaches in all of California. Salt Creek State Beach is literally the back yard for these homes. For a fine Mediterranean custom guard gated estate with panoramic ocean views just steps to the sand, Ritz Cove is a fine choice.
- Tennis Villas
- Tennis Villas are located directly east and across the street from the St. Regis hotel. These homes are luxury condominiums for upscale professionals. As the name implies, tennis membership is available and this complex has a fine pool, spa and clubhouse. As with most of Monarch Beaches real estate communities, the beach is within walking distance.
- Point Monarch
- Point Monarch homes are located on the links golf course near the St. Regis hotel. These homes are constructed with the finest materials in an intimate setting of only 45 homes.
- Niguel Shores
- Niguel Shores offers extensive facilities including a clubhouse, tennis courts, pool, spa, fitness center, basketball and racquetball courts. It also offers private beach access. Niguel Shores is composed of seven sub areas with a wide variety of homes. They include Niguel Shores Villas, Niguel Shores Garden Homes, Niguel Shores Custom Homes, Sea Terrace Town Homes, Niguel Shores Terrace, and Broadmoor.
- Cape Cove
- Cape Cove are Cape Cod-looking condominiums located on the south side of the Ritz Carlton. These are possibly some of the most affordable homes on the beach side of Pacific Coast Highway. From their doorsteps you simply walk down the hill and you are on the private side of Salt Creek state beach.
- Monarch Bay
- Monarch Bay is a gated community consisting of Monarch Beach and Monarch Bay Custom Estates. These homes have an awe inspiring location with panoramic coastline views on large lots. Owners are invited to participate in a private beach club with tennis courts.
- Monarch Bay Villas
- Monarch Bay Villas have pool, spa, sauna, game room, gym, barbecue, and clubhouse amenities. They are located within walking distance to Monarch Bay Plaza. Like many of Monarch Beaches other fine communities, this one also offers ocean and golf course views.
- Monarch Bay Terrace
- Monarch Bay Terrace offers large lot custom homes that are beach close. As the name implies, this community is terraced up a very far reaching ocean close hillside. This layout offers these homes and unbelievable birds’ eye view of the Monarch Beach coast and a stunning view of the entire area including whitewater coastal views and a view of both five-star resorts.
- Emerald Ridge
- Emerald Ridge custom homes are highly sought after. There ideal beach close location and custom designs are in high demand.
- Monarch Beach Guard Gated
- Lastly, Monarch Beach Guard Gated consists of Antigua, the Villas at Monarch Beach, Montego, Estates at Monarch Beach, and Marquesa. Each of these offers a unique living solution with terrific views and beach close access.
It also should be mentioned that the Orange County Coastal commission and the city of Dana Point has finally given the okay to begin construction of The Headlands. The Headlands is 121 acres of prime beach front property located just south of the Ritz Carlton and Salt Creek state beach. When walking on Salt Creek State beach, you can see massive construction under way. This is a huge coastal project. The headlands will offer both public parks, and exclusive private homes. The Headlands should prove to be one of the hottest new home developments in coastal Orange County. Details have not been released; however we will keep you informed as information becomes available.
Monarch Beach Resources and Links
- The Ritz Carlton ~~ Gorgeous elegant 5 original five star resort located on a stunning cliff vista overlooking Salt Creek state beach. My favorite hotel.
- The St. Regis ~~ one of the areas newest five-star resorts, this modern spanish style hotel is located on the links golf course in waling distance to the Salt Creek state beach.
- The Montage Resort ~~ Top of the line, new five-star resort located in south Laguna Beach. This resort is on the Ocean and beach front.
- Monach Beach Golf Links ~~ One of California’s finest golf courses located near the beach and the St. Regis Resort.
- Wikipedia ~~ Encyclopedia listing Monarch Beach area information.